Thursday, January 5, 2012

Our little Willy-Woo!

 Hopefully we'll quit calling him that before high school! ha!




This was supposed to be a 9 month update on Will, so now that he's almost 10 months let's get to it!
Will was busy from 8-9 months!  He cut 6 teeth (NONSTOP drool and runny nose) and really took off crawling and pulling up.  Needless to say all this made him a little more work for me!  Once his teeth came through we could tell he felt a lot better and his little chin finally cleared up from constantly being covered in drool!  His 9 month check up went great.  He weighed 19lbs 6oz (40th percentile), and was 60th percentile for height.  His tear duct in his left eye is still blocked so they referred us to the eye doctor and I think he will have to have a little surgery to unblock it.  I'm not excited about surgery although I know it is MINOR but honestly I will be glad to not always have to be wiping his eye and I know he will be glad of that too!!  Little man gave me the best Christmas present - he said Mama for the first time!  And he has said it lots of times since, so not a fluke!!  He has said Dada a couple times too, and something resembling YaYa for Lauren (although that one could have been a fluke!!)  He loves being on the floor playing, especially when he can see his Mommy :-)  He is not too content in the exercauser or jumper any more...crawling around is way more fun!  Speaking of moving, this weekend he took some steps pushing a walker toy!  He is taking 4 6-oz bottles a day (although definitely doesn't always finish them) and really likes his baby food and will SCREAM at dinner time when he is hungry and ready to eat.  I'm trying to move him off baby food and on to just table food but he will completely ignore any small pieces of vegetable I put on his tray, and is still happy to be spoon fed, so we're still doing a bit of both.  It's funny to compare - as soon as Lauren could feed herself finger food she wanted NOTHING to do with being spoonfed...she wanted to do it HERSELF...which hasn't changed much!  Makes me wonder if little Will might be more on the laid back side than his sister?!  We will see!  He and Lauren love playing together and he will just crawl as fast as he can after her...so fun to watch.  They like to play "fixing the car" together which involves turning the little icecream truck over and banging it with toy food.  Then when they finish fixing it Lauren will hop on and say "seeya later Will, gotta go" and will roll off and he will crawl after her!  What we REALLY cannot believe is that this little guy is going to be 1 in just over 2 months.  I think this has been the fastest year ever!

No comments: