Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy 1 Month Birthday Will!




I cannot believe Will has been here for a month!  Time has just FLOWN!  Some things to remember about our little guy...
-We went back to the pediatrician for the weight check at 3 weeks and he was up to 8lbs 1oz (up 8oz since the week before) so they were super happy with that!  We backed off of supplementing with formula because it or the bottles we were using to give it to him in were giving him some really bad gas pain.  We got him back to his happy self and he's working on losing the nick name "Grumpy" after a rough couple days last week!  We switched to a different formula and are just giving him a little top off in the evening and his tummy seems to like it much more.
-He must be a competitive little one because he beat his sister in something I absolutely didn't think was possible...sleeping through the night (well not quite the whole night but I call 8 hrs between feedings through the night)!  Sadly I can't remember exactly when he did it first, but I think he's done it 3 times so far (not in a row!) and has done a couple nights of 6-7hrs too.  SO THANKFUL for sleep!  He definitely doesn't have day and night confused which is such a blessing.  Oh and all that great sleep - he's getting it in his car seat!  After 2 days in a row with the gas pain when he barely slept at all I was desperate and decided to put him in his favorite place to sleep that night and it went so well I've been scared to change it up!  Sidenote - it's super convenient...not having to bring a pack n play to spend the night in Carrollton and I can just pick him up and bring him down to the basement or out to the back yard.  We'll have to work on napping in the crib this month though!
-Just this past week he's starting to be so much more alert and is having a little bit of actual "awake time" after eating.  
-The boy GRUNTS and SNORTS like a little animal when he is hungry!  Lauren did NOT do that!! haha!  The grunting has gotten him moved from our room to our bathroom where it won't wake me up until he's a little more serious and not going to just grunt himself back to sleep!  He will also never refuse to eat, which makes it pretty easy to manipulate his schedule to fit in with Lauren's.  Right now we're aiming for a 7:30am start time (I like having his feeding done before I get Lauren up) so he's eating at around 7:30am, 10:30am, 2pm, 5pm, 7/7:30pm, and 10pm.  Then I let him sleep as long as he will go so usually he'll eat at around 3-something and then again at 5-something, or on fabulous nights he'll skip the 3am and go until 5 or 6am.
-He's been busy keeping up with his big sister's social scene and will be heading to his 3rd birthday party this weekend!
-I have had some great snuggle time with Will this week while Lauren went to Carrollton for a couple nights over her spring break from preschool.  It has been so nice to have some quiet time to just focus on him...and oh my goodness a newborn on his own feels so easy second time around.  If only it could have felt that easy the first time! 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Such a cutie!

Liz Brookshire said...

CUTE pictures. He's so precious!!