Saturday, March 26, 2011

2 Weeks


I took Will to his 2 week check up on Thursday and they said he's doing great!  They said he's a strong little guy, which I will attest to based on how much he fights me trying to keep his hands in his mouth when I'm trying to start feeding him!  His stats were - 20 3/4 inches (48th %), 7lbs 9oz (16th %, and just an oz over his birth weight), and 14 1/4 head circumference (28th %).  They like babies to be back at birth weight by 2 weeks, and our appt was at 2 weeks, 2 days, so they would have liked him to have gain another oz or so, but definitely weren't overly concerned.  We are going to supplement with a little formula for the next week  and then go back for a weight check on Tuesday.  He is definitely a HUNGRY baby, way more so than Lauren was, and would eat all day long I think if I let him.  He still likes to sleep best in his car seat (either in the car or the stroller) or in my arms :-)  We're working on getting him to sleep other places but definitely enjoying the snuggles!  He usually has one or 2 stretches in the day where he just doesn't want to sleep, usually between around 2pm and 7pm ...probably these are the times we are always home and I'm trying to get him to sleep in the pack n play so I can nap or get something done vs. earlier in the day we are more on the go and he is in his car seat.  He's been going down pretty easily after his 7/7:30pm feeding and again after a dreamfeed at 10:30pm but then he and I often end up sleeping on the couch from around 3am - 6am.  Scott took the 2am shift last night and I slept up in the spare bedroom so that I could take full advantage of my night off and it was FABULOUS...I'm telling you 6+hrs of consecutive sleep do a world of good!  Need to go see if that is the plan again for tonight!!! 

No comments: