Sunday, March 4, 2012

Valentines Day


Scott took Lauren on a Vanentines date but she wasn't able to leave before having a talk to Baby Claire "about her behavior"

Making sure Baby Claire really understands!

Now all ready to obey with a happy attitude! haha!

With Daddy-O before their date at J Christophers!


Proud of all her Valentines for her friends at school!  She came up with the concoction of what to put in the bags herself - popcorn, goldfish and m&m's!  I had gotten the idea I think in December that it would be a good goal for Lauren to be able to write her name on all her Valentines to her friends so we had been working with her on it leading up to Valentines Day.  Well Mistake #1 from Mommy was buying these princess valentines (which she did love!) BUT the little spot for her to write her name was SMALL.  As in, on some of them I drew dots for her to trace over and even I had a hard time fitting in her whole name to the spot without having to erase and start over!  Mistake #2, and I thought I learned this one back in the potty training days, was letting munchkin girl know that I really wanted her to do something!  Because you know, that is recipe for ....ummm .... a struggle shall we say!  She did do a great job and signed all of them but I can't say it was an enjoyable time :-)  And of course, as reinforcement to help me hopefully not make mistake #2 again, the week after Valentines, when I had zero interest in working on writing with her she started writing her whole name with no help at all!  What is it we call her?  ...Miss Independence!!! 

No comments: