Thursday, February 23, 2012

Miss Independence, The Trooper & Their Shenanigans!

 Let's start with the shenanigans! 
Most mornings Lauren comes downstairs and has milk and some cheerios on the couch while I give Will his bottle.  Once wiggle worm Will is done with his bottle he knows right where to go!

Oh yes, he's happy now!

Scott, Lauren and Will on their way to the playground in our neighborhood.  The firemen visited them at school that day and she wore the hat the whole time!

Ok so wind back about 20 minutes before the milk and Cheerios on the couch and this is the other common morning ritual for these two rascals!  I let Lauren go up to "talk to Will and tell him good morning" while I get his bottle ready.  In which time she manages to get him out of his pj's and get him laughing hysterically about it!  I have no idea how she does it but I am happy for one less outfit to have to get him in/out of and how can you not crack up at these faces?!



On to Miss Independence.  A couple months ago I moved all the kid dishes down to a low cabinet so that Lauren can get water for herself and can help me put her things away from the dishwasher...totally recommend it btw!  I had just been thinking last week that I should move the Cheerios down lower in the cabinet so she can get them for herself in the mornings.  Well Sat morning I guess Scott and I were just not wanting to get out of bed (it may have been 8:45 before Will got loud enough for us to hear him and that's our Sat alarm!) so she took matters into her own hands!  Peanut butter sandwich and grapes...not bad! 

Do you like how she made it 4 layers?!  Thankfully it was just 2 pieces of bread folded over!

Oh and Miss Independence is getting herself dressed every morning now!  She's been doing it sporadically for quite a while but in the last month or so it's been every morning...love it!  We did do some closet rearranging and I put things in her closet so all the pieces of the outfit are beside eachother which has helped eliminate the extremely random outfit choices!  Now she saves those for during rest time!!  This is her one morning this week coming downstairs.  She had a baby and her bag packed and they had to go straight to Miss Cherry's house because she left her phone there!

Now for our little trooper boy!  Not great picture quality because Scott took this picture on his phone but this is Will before his tear duct surgery this morning.  Scott took him and I stayed home with Lauren...he had to be there at 6:40am and we just thought there was no reason for all of us to leave the house at 6am.  He did GREAT and having the early time slot made it not a big deal to not be able to feed him breakfast before the anesthesia.  So glad to have it behind us and that it all went so smoothly!

We had 73 degree weather today (IN FEBRUARY!!!) and enjoyed some good time hanging out in the driveway, doing chalk, playing hopscotch...

...examining leaves...

... and playing with cars (which Will LOVES although I didn't get a good picture)

Will thinking about eating the chalk with big sister right beside him to make sure he doesn't :-)

A little tupperware time is another of Will's favorites right now!

No comments: