Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy 3 Months Will!

The last month has been a BLUR. I feel like we have changed something up every couple days in trying to get Will sleeping! He moved from our room to his crib and is sleeping nestled in the boppy pillow with a blanket over it. We dropped the 10/10:30pm dreamfeed a couple weeks ago because he would only drink like an ounce and it just seemed like a waste to stay up for him to take so little.  He made it from 7.30pm until 5am for a couple nights, but then we had a week of 2am/3am wakeup calls so this weekend we added it back. And I THINK I can say that we are going to stick with it and not feed him until 7am going forward....... we will see!  <Started typing this post yesterday, and update...we were up at 3:30am last night...so much for sticking with it!>  He's still waking earlier than that but I've been able to get him back asleep without feeding him the last 2 mornings so hopefully he'll decide it's not worth waking up at 5 soon enough!!!  We have hunkered down and stayed home a lot of days over the past 2 weeks and thankfully it is paying off in Will's naps.  I'm now able to swaddle him up and lay him down awake and he'll go asleep vs. I had been holding him for just a couple mins until his eyes got a little droopy.  He actually kind of started fighting me and just getting mad when I would try to hold him once he was swaddled so I guess he made that transition for himself!  I also shortened his waketime a little bit because I realized that even though he is great at hanging in there and staying awake, he was getting over-tired which then made it harder for him to nap.  Oh and we're leaving 1 arm out of the swaddle and he's starting sucking on his fingers and thumb.  Like I said we have tweaked what feels like a million different things...they are just such little puzzles...so much to figure out!!  I will say, at 12 weeks with Lauren, I had her eating/napping schedule DOWN ...Will....not so much!  I've felt a little defeated this week because I think for the past 3 months I've been telling myself, by 12 weeks things will settle down, and last Tues was 12 weeks, and we were still getting 2am wakeup calls.  But I do think we've made some progress over the last couple days and hopefully it will continue!  I hate to focus so much on sleep, sleep, sleep because I'm seriously starting to bore myself talking and thinking about it, but it is just really hard to not obsess over it until you are sleeping through the night!  Anyway, moving on!! ...he is still just the SMILIEST little guy ever :-)  He is really enjoying playing on the play mat and has starting batting intentionally at things and just loves it!  He's not quite as opposed to being on his tummy as he was but still not rolling over yet.  He still really likes the swing although he hasn't spent quite as much time in it over the past 2 weeks...I've been trying to make sure he gets to kick around on the ground and have more tummy time during the time he is awake.  He's filling out his 3 month clothes and is still in size 1 diapers.  He is still great about sleeping in the car and on the go ...love it (and him)!!!  And here's a couple more pics from our little Will on his 3 month birthday...



No comments: