Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Lauren!

Alternate Title - The most sugar she has ever consumed in a day!  Hey, at least her system had some practice over Easter!

We had a fun fun day celebrating Lauren's birthday today!  I brought her breakfast in bed and put candles in her waffles...

Then she got to bring cupcakes and goldfish to school for a special birthday snack.  After her nap we brought Will over to a friend's house and took Lauren and her baby out for a special birthday dinner at the American Girl Bistro.  She was in HEAVEN...I mean seriously, we hit a home run!  They have all the Bitty Baby stuff at kid's level so they can play with it all and I think she could have spent the day there playing.  Smart marketing move really...everything she played with was followed by "may I have this please to take home?"!!!  Thankfully we were able to steer her away to dinner without any fuss!!!







A couple minutes after we got our drinks Lauren says to Baby - "Oh Baby, you peed and pooped already? Ok I will have to change you!"

Birthday hugs for Daddy!

All the staff came and sang Happy Birthday to her and she LOVED it!

And here is where the sugar starts setting in!!!

Holy icing!!!
 Literally about 3 mins after this shot, her face turns and she goes "I think I am going to get sick".  Thankfully she didn't!!  A little water and a snuggle with Mommy and she was good to go!  On the way home she said "next time I will just have cake and no icecream!!"  We will have to detox tomorrow!  Sidenote - the waffles I gave her for breakfast were whole grain organic (on sale...ha!) and I sent mini cupcakes to school, so I did make SOME attempt to limit the sugar for the day!!!
Opening her birthday present from her Daddy! 

And changing Baby on her new changing table. 
After that it was straight to bed!  I think she really had a great day!  She got Happy Birthday phone calls from Gigi & Pops, Eilis and Terry and Aunt Susan and they all sang her Happy Birthday to which she would then say "will you please sing again?!" and again, and again!!!

No comments: