Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3-Year & 2-Month Dr Visits

 Will - 2 months

Lauren - 3 years

Mom and I took Lauren and Will to their well checkups last Wednesday and it went great in terms of healthy kiddos and just as well as I could have hoped for in terms of the visit!  Lauren just hates going to the doctor and usually gets really worked up just at the thought of me calling the pediatrician so I always dread taking her.  I was really glad to have an extra set of hands with Mom there to help and it meant I could actually hear what the doctor was saying!

Ok so the stats and what they are up to:

Lauren
-28lbs (22nd percentile), 36 inches (25th percentile)
-Dr. Smith's comment 2 minutes after entering the room: "Wow, she's a talker!"  This was after she had explained to him how she didn't want to get up on the table or see the "ephelant" (elephant) which is what I think a nurse once called the blood pressure squeezy thing!  Yep, we didn't need a medical professional to tell us that ...haha!
-Lauren is still sleeping 12 hrs at night and napping for around 2 1/2 hrs in the afternoon probably 4 days in the week.  We attempt a nap every day; she just doesn't sleep every day, but the down time is good for everyone :-)
-She still loves playing with her baby dolls and does lots of playing where she acts like Mommy...going to the grocery store...putting Baby in time out...last night she went to dinner with Ms. Katie and Ms. Rosie!!
-She loves singing songs and we often hear her in her bed singing songs back to back for a good 10/15 mins before going asleep
-She still has about zero interest in TV, and we have to really work at keeping her sitting still for stories.  She'll sit and listen before bedtime or naptime but any other time of the day just really does not sit still!
-She is seriously the fashion police and loves to wear all my shoes and carry my bags around ...examples: 
  *Getting up from her nap and hearing Scott come in the door..."HEY DADDY! Let me come down there and see what you got on!"
  *To me: "Are those new earrings?  I like them!  You got those at the grocery store?"  and then later that week to Liz (we went jewelry shopping together at Charming Charlies...so fun!)  "You got some new earrings Liz?"
  *To me heading to Bible Study at Liz's house close to 40 weeks pregnant in my pj's:  "You can't wear THAT to Bible Study"  And then when I told her I was just going to Liz's house and not out for coffee where we usually meet she looked at me as if she was starting to understand and said "You will sleep there?!"
-The girl does not miss a beat...she will notice any small change we make in the house...a new photo in a frame, anything moved/different within minutes of being in the room.  She does it at friend's houses too and will remember random things that I told her months ago.
-She has started to get scared of things in books and has asked us to not put certain books in her bed or even on her bookshelf in her room any more...the Evil Queen in Snow White, Goliath in her Bible, a specific page in Green Eggs & Ham where Sam doesn't look "berry nice".  She's also started getting scared when there are storms at night.
-She is a great helper with her little brother (and definitely still has to be closely supervised!!)
-We're still dealing with a good amount of disobedience  defiance  attention-getting behavior but the temper tantrums that we had so much fun with right when Will came home have calmed down a lot ...a couple a week vs a couple a day and she's able to pull herself together much quicker thank goodness!!  Our days have a definite roller coaster feel, which is a little challenging for me since I'm still up in the night with Will but I keep reminding myself that lack of sleep makes things feel a lot more intense than they really are.
-She loves to run in the back yard and play chase and tag with us and with Lucy
-She's still a little hesitant about being dropped off at school and Waumba Land (our church's version of Sunday School) but once she gets there has a great time.   
-She gets so concerned about anyone hurting themselves or being sick.  ..."Daddy, your boo-boo still hurts?"...and will keep checking for days until it's completely gone! 

Will
-11lbs 8oz (42nd percentile...up from the 25th at 3 weeks),  23 inches long (50th percentile), 15 1/3 head circumference (22nd percentile)
-So our little man is not the sleeper Lauren was :-(  He spoiled me from 1 month until 7 weeks and slept from 10:30ish until 5ish almost every night for 2 weeks, then hit a growth spurt at 7 weeks and wanted to eat like every 2 hrs for 2 days and since then the most he goes at night between feedings is about 5 hours.  ...which according to the pediatrician is great for a 2 month old...... He does however flash me the biggest, sweetest gummy bear grins right after eating which makes it all pretty happy!
-Did I mention his smiles??  They really are fabulous!  And he is so easy to make smile ...I just love it!
-He's still sleeping in our bathroom and has graduated from the car seat to a little bassinet.  He's actually napping in his crib today so tonight may be the night to move him...we will see!  Lauren is just such a light sleeper that I've been worried about him waking her but we'll have to just do it at some point!
-He's rolled over twice from his tummy to his back...but I don't really know if it counts because he's definitely not doing it all the time!
-He's not much of a napper and can stay awake a lot and still be pretty happy.  He will stay asleep in the car when it's moving but will wake up as soon as it stops.  Now that Lauren is out of school for the summer we are going to start trying to get him a couple more uninterrupted naps in the day!

Scott and I were talking last night and we were saying that we have not hit the point of our "new normal" with 2 kids quite yet!  I am sure that is pretty standard for just over 2 months in!  If it's not normal, feel free not to tell me!!!  Until we get there though, we are just trying to squeeze in time together whenever we can, have fun with Lauren and laugh with her and about all the funny things she does and says, and enjoy snuggles and smiles from our little Will!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

LOL, "feel free to not tell me". :) Such cuties!!