Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Part 2, 7 Years, and a Potential Haircut

 Whew!  Enough information for ya there in the title?  Should be no need for any more commentary right?!  Ok, well maybe a little commentary, otherwise I'll just look back at this in 10 years (or minutes) and have completely forgotten what the heck I was talking about!

Our plan for Thanksgiving week was to spend Thursday and Friday in Monroe with Gigi and Pops, but unfortunately they were both under the weather so we thought it would be better to hold off until next weekend.  Silver lining - this left room for one extra Thanksgiving celebration! (Not so silver when I stepped on the scale yesterday, but I digress...)  We so enjoyed getting to join in the festivities with Aria's family and extended family!


Scott appreciating his little munchkin girl

After a feast, we headed to Carrollton and spent a relaxing evening with Eilis and Luke and then Scott and I headed here to celebrate our 7 year anniversary...


aka Paradise, aka Seacrest Beach, Florida!  This was our view drinking coffee every morning.  We just love this beach, and it was so fun to just relax, take walks, enjoy fabulous food and have a little time together just the two of us.  We had planned to stay in town for our anniversary but then decided last minute that between the holidays and Baby Will coming in March, this may be our last chance for quite a few months to get away and we just had to jump on it.  So glad that we both share a common love of spontaneous beach trips, and that we've gotten SLIGHTLY better at planning ahead and don't drive to the beach at 2am any more like we did in college! 

 Lauren had an absolute blast staying with her Granny Eilis and just seemed older after being away for 2 nights...ridiculous I know, but well, we're not apart much so a lot changes in 2 days maybe??!!  Eilis took her to Hobby Lobby to buy paints, stickers and bracelets, to the park, the Farmers Market and to look at lights on the Square in Carrollton.  She even "wrote" a letter to Santa and mailed it at bookstore on the Square!  On the way home she was saying, "let's go back to Eilis's house!"  Wonder why??!! 

Oh and if you are still reading after all that, what do you think, should I get Lauren's hair cut???  I'm thinking a bob could be super cute, but I do just love that long hair....
 Of course it has a tendancy to get a little crazy like this....
Thoughts??? 

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Of course she would look cute with a bob, but I have a sweet spot in my heart for long hair and big bows on little girls (obviously!). :)

Kad and Peaches said...

Ohhh, I LOVE long hair on little girls! But, Lauren will be beautiful no matter what!

Anonymous said...

Have you tied it up in looped pig tails yet and watched her shake her head and see them bobbing? do that first and then come to a decision. And having said that I have thought that a bob would be so cute too:-)